What is a Demi Pair?
The Demi pair is part-time help in the house. The demi pair typically assists the family outside of school hours or part-time job hours.
Typical duties of the Demi Pair include:
- Preparing snacks and lunch boxes for the children
- Getting children dressed and ready for school
- Helping with homework
- Playing games and entertaining the children
- Reading stories
- Keeping the kitchen clean and tidy
- Taking children on outings to the park or after school activities
- Doing the children's laundry
- Tidying children’s toys and making beds
- Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping family areas
Demi Pairs usually do 18 hours per week in exchange for their room and full board (three meals a day) 7 days a week.
Genki Families also offers a DEMI AU PAIR position which allows for the au pair to assist the family 25 hours per week and receive $120 per week in pocket money.
We recruit Au Pairs and Demi Pairs mostly from Japan and they typically range from 19-30 years. They usually stay with a family for 3 to 6 months, however, can stay up to 12 months if everyone is happy.
An Au Pair and Demi Pair is not a qualified nanny, however, all our Au Pairs and Demi pairs have a genuine love for children. They are fully screened and usually have a good level of English, however, we do not discriminate on the language level. We openly talk to families if they are happy to take someone who may also be beginner level but be willing to help the family as much as possible.